Superstar Rajnikanth did many jobs including that of a manual labourer before becoming a bus conductor, and later a succesfull actor.
Akshay Kumar used to worked as a chef and waiter at a restaurant in Bangkok before embarking on a Bollywood adventure.
Singer Mariah Carey was a coat check girl who got fired for having a poor attitude!
Handsome Australian Hugh Jackman made his living as a clown at kids' parties for about three years, earning $50 a show!
Jack Nicholson before becoming an actor, was working in the mailroom at MGM.
Talk show host Oprah Winfrey's first job was at a local grocery store.
Pop diva Madonna survived on her dreams and the meagre income she used to get from a job at 'Dunkin' Donuts' when she arrived in 'Big Apple'
Before he got the license to kill, Sean Connery worked as a milkman, bricklayer, lifeguard and coffin polisher. Now, can u believe it?
Al Pacino and Quentin Tarantino used to work as cinema ushers. While Tarantino was quite happy about his job given that fact that he could watch movies everyday, Al Pacino got fired from the job.
Stallone's life was harder than Rocky Balboa's. He used to work as a lion cage cleaner at Central Park Zoo. After finding himself homeless, Stallone had to no other way but to act in a porn flick for a mere $ 200.
Gorden Sumner aka Sting worked as a bus conductor, construction labourer, tax officer and teacher before becoming a successful musician.
Mick Jagger was once a porter in a mental hospital.
Bon Jovi's first job was making Christmas decorations!
Pamela Anderson used to be a fitness instructor before. Her figure says it all!
In her teens, Megan Fox worked for a smoothie shop.
Jennifer Aniston used to work as a bike messenger in New York City and Telemarketer before making it big in Hollywood.
Lady Gaga used to work as a waitress at a restaurant in NY.
Brad Pitt used to work for El Pollo Loco restaurant on Sunset Boulevard often dressing up in a chicken costume!
Nicolas Cage used to sell popcorn at the Fairfax Theater.
Queen Latifahused to work for Burger King, before getting expelled after losing her temper at work.
Tom Hanks used to be a popcorn and peanuts vendor
Harrison Ford still enjoys carpentry. He was a self-taught carpenter whomade cabinets for George Lucas. It was his cabinet-making job that landed him a tiny role in Lucas' 'American Graffiti.' Rest is history. xxxxxx
The once handsome Mickey Rourke had a face too good for a movie theater usher. Luckily, he got noticed.
Sandra Bullock used to worked as a bartender while in college.
Marlon Brando was a high school drop out. He even worked as a ditch digger among many other jobs in his youth.
Sharon Stone and Rachel McAdams had worked with Mc Donalds when they were young.
Captain Jack Sparrow used to sell ballpoint pens in his early life!
Tom Cruise wanted to become a catholic priest and he even joined a Franciscan seminary! He would have become a hunky priest, but God had different plans!
Source : Yahoo
Jennifer Aniston: Aniston's beginnings entailed far worse than donning too few pieces of flair: She was both a telemarketer and a waitress before hitting it big as Rachel on "Friends."
Lucille Ball: Always a goofball, Lucille Ball was reportedly fired from an ice-cream shop for not remembering to add bananas to banana splits.
Warren Beatty: Before he exploded onto the movie scene in 1961's "Splendor in the Grass," Beatty reportedly worked as a rat catcher.
Marlon Brando: Talk about a dull job: The Godfather became a ditchdigger after he was expelled from military school.
Michael Douglas: The New Jersey-born actor really did live the blue-collar life for a hot minute when he got his first job as a gas-station attendant.
Tom Hanks: This everyman actor started out as a popcorn and peanuts vendor at the Oakland Coliseum in California and once worked as a hotel bellhop carrying bags for a number of stars.
Stephen King: Solitary work can inspire writers, and Stephen King found his spark when he worked as a janitor. King's experience cleaning the girls' locker room helped inspire his novel "Carrie." He also worked at a mill bagging loose fabric, as well as at a laundromat.
Madonna: This successful singer and actress worked at Dunkin' Donuts as a teenager. She later went on to dance and model to pay the rent before she bounded onto the music scene in the early 80s. Today, Madonna ranks as the 21st richest celebrity in the world.
Brad Pitt: When he was a struggling young actor, Pitt drove limos, moved refrigerators and dressed as a giant chicken for a Mexican restaurant. Pitt is currently the 10th highest paid celebrity in the world.
Julia Roberts: Before she became famous, Roberts worked in an ice-cream shop.
Steven Spielberg: Spielberg used to work outside keeping the bugs away from fruit trees. Today, Forbes magazine estimates his worth at $3 billion. A few years ago, LIFE magazine named Spielberg the most influential person of his generation.
Robin Williams: Robin Williams worked as a street mime and in an ice-cream shop before he got into acting.
George Steinbrenner: The principal owner of the New York Yankees since 1973, Steinbrenner's first "job" was helping his siblings raise the family's chickens — for a few dollars a week. He sold the eggs to neighbors in his small hometown of Bay Village, Ohio. He even killed and dressed chickens for folks who wanted a fresh one.
Mariah Carey: This beauty-school dropout turned music diva was fired from her job as a hat checker. Today, she's one of the most successful female vocalists of all time and boasts the most No. 1 singles for a solo artist in the United States.
Rachael Ray: The face of this cooking-show hostess, television personality and author is everywhere these days, but it used to be stuck behind the candy counter at Macy's in New York City. The job wasn't a complete bust, however, as Ray eventually managed the fresh-foods department, which helped pave her way to her TV cooking career. Today, Ray is worth tens of millions of dollars.
Source : Focus
50 Celebrity First Jobs
- Nicolas Cage – Sold popcorn at a movie theater
- Charles Bronson – Coal Miner
- David Lee Roth – Hospital orderly
- Paula Abdul – Laker Girl
- Clint Eastwood – Pool Boy
- Sean Connery – Lifeguard
- Mick Jagger – Hospital Porter
- Cyndi Lauper – Emptied dog kennels
- Steve Buscemi – Firefighter
- Ozzy Osbourne – Slaughterhouse Worker
- Gwen Stefani – Worked at Dairy Queen
- Rod Stewart – Grave Digger
- Queen Latifah -Worked at Burger King
- Warren Beatty – Rat Catcher
- Alec Baldwin – Bouncer
- Kanye West – Worked at the Gap
- Jason Lee – Worked behind the counter at a Taco Bell
- Whoopi Goldberg – Bricklayer
- Mickey Rourke – Movie Theater Usher
- Claiy Aiken – A counselor at the YMCA
- Marlon Brando – Ditch Digger
- Matthew McConaughey – Cleaned out chicken coops
- Donald Trump – Rent Collector
- Gene Simmons – Newspaper Delivery Boy
- Jon Bon Jovi – Made Christmas decorations
- Keith Richards – Tennis Ball Boy
- Russell Simmons – Worked at Orange Julius
- Nancy Grace – Worked the candy counter at Sears
- Henry Fonda – Worked for a credit agency
- Pamela Anderson – Fitness Instructor
- Jennifer Aniston – Telemarketer
- Lucille Ball – Sold ice cream
- Michael Douglas – Gas Station Attendant
- Robin Williams – Street Mime
- Danny DeVito – Hair stylist
- Garth Brooks – Boot Store Salesman
- Drew Carey – in the Marine Corps.
- Kurt Cobain – Janitor
- Evangeline Lilly – Flight Attendant
- Jerry Seinfeld – Sold lightbulbs
- Sting – Teacher
- Vin Diesel – Bouncer
- Eddie Vedder – Gas Station Attendant
- Christopher Walken – Lion Tamer in the circus
- Julia Roberts – Worked behind the counter in an ice cream shop
- James Dean – Tested stunts for the game show “Beat the Clock”
- Walt Disney – Ambulance driver
- Carmen Elektra – Danced at a theme park in Ohio
- Tom Cruise – Bell Hop
- Faith Hill – Receptionist